Monday, June 22, 2015

Reflections From a Sauna


Recently, I joined full service "chain" gym that has a sauna, pool, spinning.. the whole kit and caboodle. To be honest, it is not the most motivating place and my time there will soon come to an end as I embark on new exercise routines and adventures that better fit my needs. Nonetheless, as I went to the changing room to change I discovered the sauna. I thought to myself, why would I want to sweat after I just sweat it out like mad in the gym? Not sure. All I know is I was very curious. So after the workout one day I got into a towel and flip flops and turned it on full force. I laid down and instantly something happened.

I was relaxing.

Yes, the heat overcame me and sweat out every bit of stress, anxiety, worry and soreness believe it or not from what I just put myself through on the gym floor. My body eased. I felt my arms and legs go limp with relaxation and I was able to think pretty clearly and gather my thoughts.(If you are a mom you know what I am talking about) I reflected on the workout I just completed and how accomplished I felt. Was it hot? Hell yes! But it was a soothing heat. It allowed my muscles to relax, my pores to cleanse, my mind to wonder and my body to just lay.

Ever since then, I look forward to my 10-15 minute sauna session after a good workout. I cannot make it in there all the time, but when I do it's like a treat! 10 minutes for me. For my mind and my body.

How do you to do replenish your body and mind??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home