Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Drink Me!

I heart juicing! It is the easiest, freshest way to get my greens and if you put all kinds of yummy in it, you won't even realize it is a health drink, especially the kids! I often feel like people think this is hard to do. It's quite simple and with a bit of planning can easily become a regular routine in your day. So here is a very simple and no scare recipe for newbies!

This one is my basic, easy go-to juice as I normally have all these things in the house all the time. If you like it, you can add other things and eliminate and exchange different fruits and veggies. Hope you like it and it charges you up!


Before
After

*1/2 cup greens (I use fresh organic spinach)
*1 cup strawberries (any berry is fine- even organic frozen and it keeps longer)
*1 Tbsp Chia seeds (fills you up and provides a ton of fiber)
*1/2 of a ripe banana
*1 Tbsp raw honey-(Add more for extra sweetness)
*1/4 cup organic carrot. (I use shredded but regular works too)
*1 1/2 cup water

Note: If you take out the carrots, this will work in a traditional blender. Otherwise you will need a juicer or bullet type product to extract the juice of most vegetables as it will be chunky. 


Other options to consider adding: Almonds, sunflower seeds, avocado. Be creative!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home