Thursday, June 25, 2015

Caps of Wisdom

I love the whole idea of buying a product to eat or drink and getting a little surprise inspiration or quote! Free therapy! It's like the adult version of getting the toy from the cereal box! I think this may have started back with Snapple in the early nineties. (I might be dating myself) A popular very common product is fortune cookies. Oh how we anticipate cracking that cookie to see what lies ahead for us. I also love the Dove chocolate wrappers that have heartfelt messages and uplifting words of wisdom.
This one is from an Honest Tea bottle. Courage. Something we all possess, but very much needs to be practiced in order to be honed. My own life has been challenged with having to show both types, but I never really gave it much thought until I finished my tea.
Wikipedia defines physical courage as courage in the face of physical pain, hardship, death or threat of death while moral courage is the ability to act rightfully in the face of popular opposition, shame, scandal or discouragement.
Sometimes fear itself prevents us from being courageous in our lives. Mark Twain I think had it right. It seems much easier to be courageous over the physical than moral. Moral courage requires us to look within ourselves and find out what matters, what is important and what values we have. I think about the obstacles I have overcome in my short years on this planet and I know how many more obstacles I face in my lifetime. So what keeps us going? Our kids? Family? Career? I'm not sure it is the same answer for all of us. What I do know is we must keep going! Facing fear, adversity, hardships with all the courage one can muster. What choices can you make to develop your courageous spirit? Food for thought. Literally:)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home