Monday, October 5, 2015

Celebrity Trainer Vinnie Tortorich, America's Angriest Trainer!

After recently being promoted in my job, I found myself traveling all over the state much more. I also found myself with more windshield time than I knew what to do with! For someone who often can't sit still, this posed a huge dilemma. It was recommended by a friend that I should start listening to a podcast while driving. Upon doing so, I found several I really liked, some I gave a try and had to let go of. One, I was instantly intrigued by.

America's Angriest Trainer with Celebrity Trainer Vinnie Tortorich. Being that I workout regularly and stick to a fairly healthy diet, this interested me greatly. Driving and learning to be healthy and fit. I'm in! And really.. what the hell was he so angry about?! I was about to find out when I was spontaneously introduced to him on social media during a Periscope video he was doing that I logged onto. I typed a "Hello" message and boom, I was invited to interview him. My daily morning commute co-host. Ah, the power of social media!

So we decided to Skype for the interview one evening and I decided to stay up till 10:30pm to meet him with the 3 hour time difference from LA to CT. Graciously.

If you have ever listened to his podcast, Vinnie starts out his podcast by saying "Your good intentions have been stolen, and I am here to help you get them back!" So what does this mean? Vinnie who has trained celebrity clients such as Howie Mandel, to stay at home moms and Ironman athletes greatly believes that our country is in grave danger. Danger of becoming more obese and sicker than ever before. After asking him about our "good intentions" and how he felt they have been stolen, he tells me that if I can remember back, many company's were coming out with products that were viewed as "health food". He mentioned a particular health food snack company with the word "health" right in the name. Vinnie explained that there was no nutritional value in these products along with all the other products that were in the health and diet craze of the late eights and early nineties and we were bring duped. Instead of getting healthy and losing weight, we were larger than ever. We have been ingesting chemicals and ingredients that do nothing but trick our bodies and end up making us fatter. I added that I remembered that product line he mentioned (still on the market today) and also remembered having to almost eat a whole box to feel like I had a "real cookie". I clearly made his point. 

Vinnie believes that for years the fitness industry has been selling Americans a false view of what healthy is. Fat does not make you fat, sugar and grains are making us fat.

If you listen to the podcast you will definitely hear the passion and sometimes explicit tone used to make his point. But what you will also see is a compassionate person who is genuinely interested in changing how we eat, live and feel about ourselves. A person who daily calls fans and average Americans like myself to discuss their diet and exercises failures and successes. And believe me you will get a lot of laughs and humor along with the advice! Nothing is off the table and everything is worth commenting on. Vinnie and his co-host Annie Vocino are there to entertain you and educate you all at the same time. 




Vinnie is also the author of Fitness Confidential. A hilarious, R-rated memoir. This book investigates the nasty underbelly of the fitness industry while getting you in the best shape of your life. It is chalk full of his own Hollywood experiences dealing with the rich, beautiful and sometimes crazy people he has gotten to train. He is currently working on putting out his second book.

Vinnie does not just talk health. He creates it. Vinnie ço-founded Pure Vitamin Club. A vitamin that contains just pure minerals and no additives and fillers such as sand (Yes, I said sand), talc, sugar and preservatives and can be conveniently delivered right to you door. Vinnie prides himself in the fact that this is the only vitamin of its kind and of the highest quality. Again, just another way Vinnie is looking to lose the preservatives and chemicals we ingest. 

Lastly, he is the founder of NSNG lifestyle which has become the foundation of his podcast and life work. The no sugar, no grains (NSNG) movement is what he feels is the successful way to lose weight and live healthfully by eliminating all processed sugars and grains from your diet. Vinnie encourages meats, vegetables, fats, nuts and legumes as part of the NSNG lifestyle. He has helped people all over the world change their diet to NSNG and is often invited to speak publicly to tell his story. Vinnie told me his next trip will be to India where he is connecting with a podcast listener who has stated that NSNG has changed his life.

This small blog post cannot do his experience and work justice so if you are interested in learning more, I hope you will investigate further. All in all, I found Vinnie to be extremely real, outgoing, sincere and not all THAT angry. Passionate comes more to mind. Fixing the American mindset as it comes to health one American at a time. 

I am still having my square of dark chocolate each night and a glass or two of wine each week, but I also believe that the smallest of steps can bring about the biggest differences. I shared with Vinnie that I cut out all the sugar in my coffee, which was a huge change for me after realizing I was emptying the sugar jar each month from my coffee alone. I look forward to hearing and learning more from Vinnie. If we all shared our experiences, successes and failures, think of how much we can change the world. At the very least, we can give people something to consider and think about to improve their own lives and learn from others.

Special thanks to Vinnie Tortorich for the interview. You are doing important good work. Keep it up! 

For more information on Vinnie, the podcast, NSNG, Pure Vitamin Club and Fitness Confidential, log onto these links!




Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 5, 2015 at 12:35 PM , Blogger Renz said...

I will have to check this out. Sounds exciting. I am looking for some podcasts myself

 
At October 5, 2015 at 7:36 PM , Blogger Christine said...

Yes but think Howard Stern, be warned lol :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home