Monday, September 21, 2015

Pretty Pumpkin Decor

I love fall and Halloween decor! My child is over the carving of pumpkins and really, they tend to rot so quick when they are cut into it's disappointing. I was paroling Pintrest for some cute fall decor ideas that might be different and came across a ton of beautiful pumpkins decorated that looked elegant and fun. Plus, it had been awhile since I got the craft basket out of supplies. Pretty fun! I went to Wal-Mart and was able to find everything except the actual pumpkins which I bought at a local grocery store. Make sure they have a stem on them which is essential to tying ribbon and bows on the pumpkins.


Photo credit Charged



Think about the theme you want to create. Perhaps you want the pumpkin to have a witch theme. You can buy green and black striped ribbon, a tiny size witch hat and perhaps some raffia to give the pumpkin straw broom effect. Once you know what you want the theme to be, you can go get what you need. I used 3 kinds of ribbon, artificial leaves and pumpkins and used a glue gun...the essential craft tool!


Photo credit Charged


I plan to bring my little pumpkins to work to decorate my desk and the large one adorns my window sill. Everything here cost less than $20 and took less than 30 minutes to put
together!
Photo credit Charged
 What a cute gift idea too if you are heading to someones home for a party or someone has an October birthday. Pumpkins could easily be decorated with the numbers of the age of the person, sprinkles like a cake has or glitter, pastel colors like frosting and so on. 

The idea is to be creative and have fun...and this is so easy even if you do not consider yourself crafty. What a great use for old ribbon and craft materials too. So get the kids (or adults) together and get creative! 


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home