Friday, September 11, 2015

Friday's Fix!


One huge pet peeve is always trying to keep the car clean. I know it might be silly, but I spend a lot of time in it for work and with my child. It is always so gratifying to be in it when it is clean, spotless, shiny and organized. When it is not? Not so much! I deserve a clean space to clear my head on my way to work and I should not put my head down in shame when I am asked to give someone a ride because the car is not up to snuff. 



Here is some tips on this Friday Fix!

1. Use a garbage bag. Sounds easy right? I love to reuse the grocery shopping plastic bags just for this purpose. Anytime I need to throw something out, it is right there before it can hit the floor of the car.

2. Have a carry in/carry out policy. If the kids or you bring something in the car...it goes back out when you come home. Think of kids toys, books, backpacks, work bag, water bottles etc..

3. Vacuum. I cannot always get the car washed each week but I try to be diligent about vacuuming it each week. I am always astonished on how much it actually needs it weekly. 

4. Have a no food rule. Ok... maybe this is not QUITE always possible. Morning cup of java is an exception!  But at least nothing messy. Clear fluids, fruit and anything that comes in a bag is safe. Ice cream, candy or other treats can get messy or have the spill factor. This will ensure your seats are stain free. I also line my child's side of the car with an old towel. Helps! ( I take it off when I have guests in the car:)

5. Storage. I have a small box in my trunk. It keeps my emergency kit, bottle water, rags for auto repair, my flashlight, reuse-able grocery bags and other items. This way things are not flying and swinging around in the trunk area. 

6. Windows. If you cannot get a full wash regularly, just cleaning the windows helps alot with the look of your car and keeping your visibility high on the road while driving. 



7. Get the kids involved! Be sure they know to keep their side of the car free of litter, garbage and items that should be brought back inside. Do a once over each time you park in the driveway. 

8. Switch out the stuff. Beach stuff goes in my car trunk in July and comes out in late August. Same with sports equipment depending on season. Change out what you are storing as you need it.

9. Have needed supplies on hand. Antibacterial wipes, extra napkins, band aids, tissues and anything else that can cause a mess or prevent one!

10. Give it a weekly wipe! You can buy wipes for the car specifically or keep a rag and spray right in the car so you are always prepared for an unexpected passenger. 

Any good advice or tips for keeping the car mint? 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home