Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Grain and Gluten Free Banana Pancakes

I love pancakes. Indeed! Every weekend pancakes are made in our home. It is the only time we really have time to make and eat them. 

After recently running out of our favorite gluten free mix, I decided to look online for a homemade version. What I found was a ton of recipes to my surprise. Almost makes me wonder why buying the store bought is even necessary, but it is a lot faster and easier with the store bought stuff. I had time to make them homemade over the weekend, so I did just that! And I will say, they came out pretty tasty.

I found a great recipe on Goop.com and improvised a bit. I nixed the lemon and almond extract and exchanged the almond milk for coconut milk as that is what we normally have in the house. I also added half a banana and pumpkin pie spice for flavor. 


Photo credit Charged


Grain and Gluten Free Coconut Flour Pancakes


  • 1/4 cup coconut flour
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice (You can also use allspice or cinnamon)
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1 Tbsp cup honey
  • 1/2 tsp Vanilla
  • 1/3 cup coconut milk
  • 3 Tbsp coconut oil
  • Pinch of salt
Photo credit Charged


Photo credit Charged
Whisk baking powder, flour and salt. Add pumpkin pie spice.  In a medium bowl, whisk honey, vanilla, coconut oil and whisk in each egg one at a time. Then add smashed banana and coconut milk.

Gently add dry mixture to wet mixture. Mix but do not over mix. 

Use a few drops of coconut oil to grease skillet and drop pancake batter into even cakes. Watch carefully. These will not bubble up as much as traditional pancakes. Once you see them cooking halfway through, flip. Yields 6 pancakes.


Add strawberries, blueberries or just plain old syrup.

What's your favorite breakfast food?


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home