Thursday, August 6, 2015

Back to School on a Budget

It is already almost that time!

The stores are stocking up for back to school shopping and kids are still trying to hold onto summer a bit longer.  I never ever stress about school shopping. I guess I am a bit lax when it comes to preparation for school. Mostly, because you really never know what they need until they come home from school that first day with a list. But I like to have a few things bought and on hand for his first day. This year I feel super prepared. 

I found a surprising place for some really great deals. It all starts with the dollar store.  You never know you need anything until you walk in the door. I found notebooks, erasers, pencil pockets, lined paper, highlighters and I put together a nice plastic bin of things just for his teacher including some hand sanitizer pumps, reward coupons for students, tissues, sharpies and sticky notes. Teachers more cases than none have to buy teacher and classroom supplies on their own, so I love being able to provide things as basic as tissues and cleaner so they can have a clean classroom for our kids. I also love to provide tubs of sanitizer wipes so desks can be cleaned properly when needed. The store even had a small teacher classroom section with awards, borders for classrooms, die cuts for announcements and stickers. 

Photo credit Charged

Photo credit Charged













I was shocked I left paying under $12 for all of what you see. It does not take much to excite this mom!  I would have been sure to spend at least double going to a higher end store for these items. I am sure there will be some items I have to go to those stores for, but what a steal for basic items for the desk and back pack. 


Another steal I found was the backpack at Sear's for $19 on sale and it came with the insulated lunch sack. Seriously people? Awesome. We all know that lunch sack only makes it one year from spills, rips and well... smelling funky. This is not a store I normally even go in so was a nice surprise and good find.
Photo credit Charged

Sometimes you have to venture off to uncharted territories to explore and find what you need. Check out these links for bargains. Happy shopping. 

http://www.fivebelow.com/back2school_8.10

http://ads.dollartree.com/current_ad/html5/app.php?RelId=6.4.6.5

http://www.sears.com/en_us/dap/back-to-school.html

Where are your go-to places for back to school shopping?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At August 6, 2015 at 2:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am a sucker for a bargain! My kids are not quite school age, but I will keep these tips in mind when the time comes :)

aidahscreativelife.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home