Thursday, July 16, 2015

Udi's Gluten Free Pizza


We are making homemade pizza. Well sort of!
Photo courtesy of Charged

I got some help from gluten free pizza crust by Udi's  and 365 Whole Foods brand to be exact. By far the best gluten free pizza crust I have had! I have made it from scratch, bought gluten free mixes that are time consuming and messy as well as expensive. A box of these for 2 shells will run you approximately $5.50 at the supermarket. They are thin and come out crispy and light and you have no idea you are eating gluten free. 


Photo courtesy of Charged
I started by sauteeing spinach and garlic in a non-stick pan with a tablespoon of olive oil. After it starts to wilt, I added chopped cooked chicken and fresh basil, salt and pepper. Then I spread the shells with 365 Classic Marinara sauce and topped it with the spinach and chicken. I then shredded cheese. I used cheddar as that is what I had on hand but classic mozzerella or another of your choice will do. I added olives for a bit more flavor but you could add peppers, sausage, onion...think out of the box. 

 After topped and prepared, the shell cooks in about 15-20 minutes on a pizza stone at 400 degrees. My suggestion is to watch it half way as they are thin and on a stone could bake quicker. 

What you get is a delectable, flavorful personal size pizza that is gluten free but not free on taste or quality. 
Photo courtesy of Charged




http://udisglutenfree.com/

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/about-our-products/product-lines/365-everyday-value






  

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home