Monday, July 6, 2015

Out of the Box

By no means am I a professional baker, chef or cook. I do however love making food and being creative in the kitchen. Weekends are normally the only time I get to do this. And when I discover a little cute idea or discovery, I will be sure to always want to share it. Even if I did not invent it. It is NEW to me:)

I love Cherrybrook Kitchen products! Especially since we have family members who are dairy and gluten free. We happen to be craving something sweet one day and decided to open a box of vanilla cake mix from the pantry. Now this has adorn our pantry for at least 6 months now. Simply putting a cake mix in a bowl with some water seemed unfair and well... bland. I remembered I had left over pineapple from a salad I made earlier in the day and we just bought fresh blueberries. Do you see where I am going with this? :)


Ready for the oven

Ready for a spoon


We layered the bottom of the square baker pan with the leftover pineapple much like you do when making a pineapple upside down cake. Peaches would also work if they are really ripe. I then made the cake mix as directed on the box and then folded in the blueberries and baked for 35 minutes. What came out was more than just vanilla cake. It was a cobbler-like masterpiece! Top with frozen yogurt or sorbet and dessert was made!

So next time you want more than just cake mix, think out of the box!

http://cherrybrookkitchen.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home