Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Get Snappin'!

We live in the world of cell phones. Cameras on cell phones have come along way however, not to mention all the applications you can download them or just to make them awesome before sending to an uploading program. Instagram, Snapseed, Shutterfly, Flickr just to name a few. 

Photo credit Charged

We are all taking "selfies", capturing vacations, life events, pictures of nature, our family, kids, friends, proud meals we have made at home (guilty) and things during our travels. The one thing many of us (this girl right here) is guilty of is actually getting them printed. I would not want to to lose a single photo on my cell phone yet it could easily be lost, stolen or damaged and boom.. I would lose it all. Thankfully we live in the age of the "cloud" so some of our photos might be backed up and saved. But I would not want to take that chance. So, I aim at each month downloading the photos off my phone onto the computer to create albums, edit photos and order. The best part is I can order from Snapfish and have them mailed or pick them up at my local Walgreens for a few dollars more. Eiether way I have options and it is super easy. No more going into the store to download and order at the counter. 

Sometimes the best way to also get your pictures downloaded is to buy frames in advance. Pick out frames when you see really special ones of all sizes and shapes. If you have them on hand, you will be more willing to remind yourself to download and print and of course fill them. I get many of my frames from discount designer stores and craft stores which I feel have the most unique selections.

I also love to give photos as gifts to unknowing family members. If they text me a photo of themselves and it is a good one, I will tweek it, upload, print and get a frame to give as a gift. Many times they do not remember even taking the picture months earlier. Why? because they never downloaded it off their phone!! :) It sat in camera cell phone heaven for-e-ver. 

Any way you go about it, set time aside to do this. I always feel so accomplished when I know my priceless pics are printed and can adorn my home to enjoy and then you get to delete all the pictures on your phone that take up storage and start fresh.

What is your favorite program for uploading your cell phone pics or editing your pics?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home