Thursday, December 3, 2015

Be a Super Gifter!

First week of December. Is your holiday shopping complete? Me either! And you are not alone.



However the biggest problem during the holiday season is not getting the ones dearest to me gifts, it is having the gift that I need for someone on a spur of the moment for someone I do not know well or for a hostess gift to a party I was just invited to.  For the person who was so nice to think of you and you...Oops...did not have them on your list! Here are some good ideas of gifts that really anyone would be happy to receive and you could be proud to give for those moments you are unprepared around the holidays and you can have in your home or office for that oh so unexpected moment and instantly turn you into a "Super Gifter"!

Some of these things I buy when discounted and off season. Places like Target, HomeGoods, Kohls and Christmas Tree Shops are some of my favorite places to find these things. You can find some great brands and items that do not cost much but are super cute and make a statement. If I buy in advance, I always have a few things on hand if I have a surprise visitor or get invited to an impromptu holiday gathering.

Candles: Let's face it. You can buy them from everywhere to the grocery store to the pharmacy to upscale boutiques. Many people like them and they can be used all year round. Their are always great scents around during the holidays. Wrap with a cute holiday kitchen towel and a bow and you have a great hostess gift.

Stationary: This is one of my favorites. Cause everyone could use a nice Thank You card set or monogrammed cards for everyday use, to sending notes to the teacher or to send a love note to a family member. Many of us do not buy nice stationary for ourselves. HomeGoods is one of my favorite place to get stationary and notebooks and they have a wide array of adorable themes and patterns.

Chocolates and cookies: Perhaps SOME people do not like chocolate. But are they really your friends? (just kidding) Decadent chocolates and holiday tins of gourmet cookies and chocolate are in many stores. Pick out some favorite flavors and stash one or two away for that impromptu gift you might need. 

Coffee, Hot Chocolate or Tea: Most people drink of one or the other! How nice to receive a bag of gourmet coffee or hot chocolate with some chocolate spoons or cute holiday mug? Easy and thoughtful. 

Journals: I love a nice journal! Especially if it has a nice quote on the front or eye catching graphic on the cover. Anyone could use a journal to write down notes, lists or use to keep yourself organized and looking tight at work. 

Gift Cards: Maybe not the most personal but who would not love a gift card to their favorite coffee spot or for filling up their tank at the gas station. Plus, you can get them in many denominations. 

Picture Frames: Everyone has pictures. Buy them a frame! Whether you decide to fill it with a picture or not, the thought is there and when they have the right picture, they will have a frame to enjoy it in. Sometimes I will take a picture off of social media or from a text that someone forgot they sent me months ago and print and frame it. They are always surprised at how I got the photo but grateful I took the time to download it and print it for them.

The nice thing about these gifts, is they are for any holiday you celebrate, male or female and do not have to cost more than $20 to make a nice gesture. So while you continue your holiday shopping make a point to pick out 2 or 3 things extra to have on hand just in case and keep gift buying stress at bay.

What is your go to gift on the fly?














Labels:

4 Comments:

At December 3, 2015 at 7:24 AM , Anonymous Jennifer Koshak said...

Guess I need to start thinking about this again. My husband and I used to have a chocolate shop, so it was the stand-by or even the standard. But we closed in at the end of last year and now I need to think this through again! Thanks for the ideas.

 
At December 3, 2015 at 12:34 PM , Anonymous Lynnette Marte said...

Yea I will most likely be giving these gifts out to my little cousins this year. Something cute and thoughtful! http://www.lynnettejoselly.com/

 
At December 4, 2015 at 9:29 PM , Anonymous Christine said...

I'm jealous!

 
At December 4, 2015 at 9:30 PM , Anonymous Christine said...

Very nice!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home